Friday 21 November 2008
Sunday 16 November 2008
Wrexham Print International 2008
Submissions are now being accepted for the fourth Wrexham Print International exhibition and is open to all printmakers around the world.
Works are selected by open submission and the exhibition will tour across the UK.
Previous venues have included The Haven Gallery, Boston, Lincolnshire; Sidney Cooper Gallery, Canterbury; Billingham Art Gallery, Stockton-on-Tees and Rhyl Arts Centre.
The panel will be looking for innovation in all techniques of printmaking.
To apply, send a completed application form, up to six images and an application fee of £15.
Further information, guidelines and an application form are available from:
Wrexham Arts Centre, Rhosddu Road, Wrexham, LL11 1AU
Tel: 01978 292093
Deadline: 4 December 2008
this link shows six prints from one of its recent exhibitions
This link another four images from one of its exhibitions. Its peculiar because it used to have all of the selected works available to view online, and these now seem to have disappeared.
Saturday 15 November 2008
For those of you who don't have an online website how about Carbonmade? Although there are plenty of other options. Email me if you would like to have help with this, and we can arrange a meeting.
Here is one place to establish a free portfolio website. It's called Carbonmade and I have a link to it in the fine art portfolio - printmakers category.
Looks fairly simple and straight forward.
INTERNATIONAL PRINT CENTER NEW YORK
New Prints Program
INTERNATIONAL PRINT CENTER NEW YORK
The New Prints Program at IPCNY presents a series of juried exhibitions of current prints by artists at all stages of their careers. IPCNY accepts submissions from artists, publishers and galleries four times a year which are reviewed by a Selection Committee made up of prominent members of the print community.
IPCNY ANNOUNCES A QUARTERLY CALL FOR ENTRIES FOR
NEW PRINTS THROUGHOUT THE YEAR
Calls for entry are announced on
IPCNY's website, and sent to IPCNY's email list of artists.
To be placed on this list send an email to email@example.com
program manager, and you will be added to the email announcement list.
Criteria for selection are:
Only original fine art (limited edition and unique) prints are eligible; reproductions of other artwork such as drawings or paintings are not acceptable.
Selections will represent a broad diversity of sources, geographical and otherwise.
Prints must have been completed within a year of the submission deadline.
THERE IS NO ENTRY FEE
go to their website for details on how and when to submit.
An image from Summer 2005 by Penny Siopsis, a South African artist whose work I am familiar with after encountering it initially on the David Krut publishing website
Also included are prints by Desiree Alvarez and William Howard, both from the Summer 2008 exhibit. One of the things I particularly like about the IPCNY website, is that, all of the shows that have been on the program, have been documented. Regretfully many exhibition venues do not do this and in this day and age there's really no excuse. Anyway, by doing this it fulfills it's role in the educational sense, in that you can see each of the individual artists works, plus the technical details.
I find this to be informative particularly in relation to the research I am doing for my tradigital blog, which explores how printmakers are combining inkjet with traditional techniques.
The other perspective I am considering , is from that of a practising printmaker, who is always seeking to develop my knowledge in relation to technical combinations and approaches.
One of these days I will get around to making a submission myself !!
Thursday 13 November 2008
2009 Guanlan International Print Biennial
The First Guanlan International Print Biennial in 2007 was a great success which has been highly praised by both Chinese and foreign artists. This is what was written in the invite I received to submit for the forthcoming exhibition deadline of Jan 31st 2009
If you click on to the website you can see some example of absolutely wonderful and exquisite printmaking by international artists. The site is well worth a look.
I have just revisited the website and actually found it nigh on impossible to find my way around although the details for submission etc are on this page
Some images from the 2007 show are featured here.
Organizers: China Artists Association
Shenzhen Federation of Literary and Art Circles
Shenzhen Bao'an District People's Government
Conductors: China Artists Association – Artistic Commission on Print Arts
China·Guanlan Print Original Industry Base
Exhibition Place: Guanlan Museum, Shenzhen, China
Exhibition Period: May 14, 2009-July 14, 2009
Number of Works: about 200 pieces
Application: Artists from all over the world could submit works.
Artists who take part in should fill out the registration form and send us 1-2
Works created within the past two years. The works should not have been shown in this kind of international print exhibition. Chinese artists should send us the digital image of the work first while foreign artists send us actual works directly.
This Biennial will issue 15 “Guanlan International Print Prizes. The prized works will be selected by jury committee and collected by the organizing committee with offering collection certificate and prize certificate and 20 thousand RMB.
Artists who’s works was selected for the exhibition will receive a participating certificate, one catalog of biennial works and an exhibition activity CD.
The organizing committee will invite the prize winners to participate the opening ceremony and academic forum and responsible for the accommodation. The committee accepts donation, and collection a part of works.
Regulations for Participants:
1. Submitted works of each artist are limited to 1 or 2 original work of print created in the recent two years in the exhibition. The works should have never been show in this kind of international print exhibition. All print techniques will be accepted. The works shall have signature and do not need to be mounted.
2. The size of the largest for the submitted works is 100×100cm and the smallest is 30×30cm. A set of work consist of two or three separate formats (such as triptych) also cannot surpass this limit.
3. Based on the need of education, promotion and publicity, the organizers have the image copy rights such as the photography of the submitted works, publication and developing souvenirs and can publish works in related media and network for long term.
4. In order to convenience operation, artists please fill in the participation form seriously, print the form is needed, at least please write clearly, especially about the name, address and email. Don’t forget submit art resume and personal picture.
5. Works should be packed in sturdy tube or thick flat boards before being posted. They shall be delivered within the prescribed time. Those works come beyond the time limit will not be handled.
6. The expenses, insurance, taxes and related responsibilities generated in work delivery will be born by the participation artists; the expenses for returned works will be born by the organizers.
7. During the period between the receipt of the works and the return of the works, the organizers are responsible for their insurance. But the organizers will not be responsible for compensation for the damages or losses caused by force majeure.
8. All the works will be returned within three months after the completion of the Exhibition, except the prized and donated and collected works.
9. The Organizing Committee has the sole right to the interpretation of all items of this Biennial.
August 20, 2008: Release the bidding for participation and begin to receiving submitted works
January 31, 2009: End for receiving the submitted works for preliminary selection, (contribution date is according to local postmark)
April 15, 2009: re-selection and publish the name list of prized works and selected works.
May 14 2009: Opening ceremony
Address for receiving submitted works:
Organizing Committee Office
2009 Guanlan International Print Biennial,
Guanlan Print Original Industry Base (Dashuitian, Niuhu),
Contact Person: Zhao Jiachun E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website of Guanlan print :www.guanlanprints.com/
ul. Dunajewskiego 2/6, 31-133 Kraków
tel. +48 12 422 19 03
Our web page: www.triennial.cracow.pl
In order to sign out from our newsletter which is worthwhile then drop
an email to email@example.com
with the subject: [Newsletter:SIGN - UP]
If you would like to be a part of the upcoming 8th World Art Print Annual 2009
So it seems to be a good one. Have any of you previously entered this? I always mean to but seem to miss the deadline. Get printmaking for it !!!!