Monday 5 April 2010

Peroxide to possibly use in making Cupric Chloride Mordant ?

Cupric Chloride for etching copper

 PLEASE CLICK ON IMAGE IF THE TEXT IS NOT LARGE ENOUGH TO READ

Not sure if this is the correct stuff so I am hoping that Alfons Bytautas Printmaker researcher extraordinaire will swing by this blog and confirm that this is the stuff I need to use to make the mordant in question ?
I read about it recently , in an article by Alfons,   in "Printmaking Today".  The article also referenced   the  NDI in printmaking website.  which is also an excellent resource on matters of this nature.

I will be following the formula as iterated by Alfons.

Of course I will be posting on here about etching copper in this mordant and hopefully this will enable me to be able to etch a plate in my own studio as and when I need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there
Its always good to have a response to posts and if you'd like to,
sign up to receive my bi monthly newsletter..................................
The link to it is on the horizontal navigation bar at the top of the blog.