These are some photos of my tests on wood with various mediums to have as a base under the water colour. Then there's a shot of some water colours on plain birch wood (thats without a transparent medium underneath). To this I also added some isopropyl alcohol to see if it would reticulate as per when I used it while doing some monoprints using water based inks.
I was trying out imagery............... although I then stayed with my original idea - that happened fairly quickly which was good. Then I started thinking about colour and tone somewhat.
Click on images to see accompanying text /notes.