Tuesday 29 April 2008

Douglas Pierre Baulos



I came across Doug (i.e., Douglas Pierre Baulos) on Flickr a fair while back.

I quite liked his work; some collages were very appealing as well as some of his drawings. There were two of his installations that I particularly liked. Anyway so here is my favorite - there is no title for it nor any details.

From looking through Doug’s c.v. there is some link going on with Cambodia, as he has shown there on and off, over the last 4 years.
He has also exhibited in China.

Other than that it’s all the US of A, which let us not forget is one big vast continent. Douglas teaches, lives and works in Birmingham, Alabama.
His artworks are in some pretty good public and private collections including the Museum of Modern Art, New York.

It’s difficult in a way to pick on any thing that the work is “about” in particular – for me it seems to be about the flux of life. Love, loss, death, memory and possession to name but a few of its aspects.

1 comment:

  1. I just found this - thanks for your interest in my work - I have a new blog - if you google doug baulos or machinewithnoname it will come up - it was a blast looking at all your stuff today!
    Doug

    ReplyDelete

Hi there
Its always good to have a response to posts and if you'd like to,
sign up to receive my bi monthly newsletter..................................
The link to it is on the horizontal navigation bar at the top of the blog.