Monday 11 October 2010

Agata Dymus-Kazmierczak

I first came across Agata's printmaking about 3 or 4 years ago.  I think she was just starting out in printmaking at the time and I saw some of her early work on  her Flickr account. Have a look here to see those earlier pieces .    She had an adventurous approach and there were one or two pieces that I quite liked.    But my goodness she has come such a long way since then and has been doing very well for herself.    I seem to remember that she got some kind of  a residency at the Robert Gordon University, following her B.A. degree and most recently a place on the M.A. printmaking course at the Royal College of Art.

Go check out her website.............she seems to have that  Polish "knack" for graphic art and more importantly a beautiful aesthetic and imagination.

Agata has not uploaded her more recent work to her website (reminds me that I ought to do that too!!) so her best pieces are only viewable on her FLICKR account.  Of these I particularly like  "Elegy about a Polish Mongrel" also a piece called "

Hamartia" both lithographs which she seems to particularly favor.



http://agatadymus.me.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there
Its always good to have a response to posts and if you'd like to,
sign up to receive my bi monthly newsletter..................................
The link to it is on the horizontal navigation bar at the top of the blog.