Monday 30 January 2012

Summer Visitors 2011



Good times at Fife Dunfermline Printmakers workshop were had during the summer when my dear friend Birna(4th from left)  came to stay for a few weeks with her delightful daughters Erna Carri (2nd from left) and Birta Clara (2nd from left).  That "gombeen" in the centre, wearing green is me .  On the extreme right is Bill the fabulous erstwhile technician and on the extreme left is the wonderful Sheila.  Birna was a previous member of FDPW and it is through her that I became aware of the  place that is now an important part of my life.

3 comments:

  1. You look a happy group! But what's a "gombeen"? I love this wild celtic? terms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aine,

    thanks for your message on YouTube which reminded me that the links to my bookbinding tutorial were outdated. I'm in the process of updating things and hope to get it up and running as soon as possible. The positive side of this downtime is that it introduced me to your interesting work and blog. I'll look around!

    Thanks!

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to say thanks for reminding me that my YouTube bookbinding video had outdated links. That's been fixed now and the full tutorial (and a second, helpful video) is available here: Make a Book. The rest of the website is new and pretty empty, but I definitely wanted to get this part rolling!

    Though I'm not doing printing/printmaking work currently, I miss it lots and so it was nice to get a view of the kinds of things you're doing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there
Its always good to have a response to posts and if you'd like to,
sign up to receive my bi monthly newsletter..................................
The link to it is on the horizontal navigation bar at the top of the blog.