Wednesday 24 December 2008

Christmas ...the year coming to an end and so on....


I have received post from several people I haven't heard from in a while in the past week which has been great. This might be because quite a lot of those people had no idea what my home address is now (given that I moved twice in the past twp years (never never again - I hope)yep so that might account for it.

I made some cards which was pretty hard work BUT coundn't have done it without the help of B.M. at F.D.P.W. I am now running a blog for FDPW as a means of keeping a newsletter going on a kind of "live" basis. I am actually responsible also for creating the physical printed newsletter in any event so this is just an extension of that. I don't think that all of our membership are on the internet so until such time I guess the printed one will have to be maintained.

Getting back to cards and communication - I like sending cards especially if I have made them myself. I have wanted to print my own cards for years and years and ironically it has been this year, the one in which I have become fully "disabled" that I got it together (ha ha!!)

To me it matters to be personal and an aspect of this is that, it is, for example, extremely difficult for me to send a Christmas card where I have not written a little message on the blank inside page of the card. I can not just say "from A." or "from A. and C."

There are some people that I would have loved to have been able to send one of my bear cards but I don't have their postal addresses and if I asked them then that would spoil the surprise - you see that's another thing --- I like for it to be a surprise.


I received a beautiful card today my absolute favorite this year. It was from Elisabeth in Norway. Where the Christmas trees come from, at least that's what I was told when I was a little kid!!

Heres the 'card - its not quite as good a photo as I thought it was but I will add it for now as its way past my bedtime AND I will replace it with a better quality one soon. It certainly deserves it. Thank you Elisabeth - I will treasure it.!!!

1 comment:

  1. Good morning,my friend!
    To my surprise I saw my christmascard on your page this morning!What a lovely gesture!
    But I see it almost didn`t reach you in time.
    That will teach me to be more cautious next time with the postal sevices.
    I have my little bear-card from you over my PC here, already in a little frame, I must admit.
    My very own Aine Scannell original!!
    I will keep it close to me .
    it will remind me of this year,2008, which has opened up a new internet-world for me.And very much of it thanks to you, Aine.

    The holidays are not quite over yet, a few more days with lazy doings,meeting family for brunch this afternoon and so on.But I have lined me up for some watercolour -making in between, so I will doodle my way into the new year this way.
    Hope you will enjoy your holiday too.

    Hugs from Elisabeth!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there
Its always good to have a response to posts and if you'd like to,
sign up to receive my bi monthly newsletter..................................
The link to it is on the horizontal navigation bar at the top of the blog.