I think this was how the proof looked after I added some Lascaux, acrylic hard ground so as to superimpose the figurative element which you see on the left. I made sure I thoroughly degreased the plate before applying the acrylic - otherwise as I now from experience it WILL not 'adhere' to the plate surface. After it dried I scribed into it to delineate the face and so forth...........
This shows the scanned proof of the plate with the dog n chair onto which I tried a few drawings I had on my files using Photoshop - I decided this 'skiing angel' as I refer to it, would look best.
I amended the proof )the first one visible in this post) and then endeavored to delineate it more strongly by scratching into the metal, with the drypoint too..
Here's the plate - onto which I added the Lascaux acrylic hard ground, you can see where I scratched into it, once it was dry.
This is a proof with the mouth area scratched dark but I decided I didn't like that after all, so its as seen in the first image above. The amount of proofs I took of this little monkey is out of all proportion to the importance of this( just as a print ) but ho hum....you know what it is like when you get a 'bee in your bonnet' about "fixing"' a print you just ain't happy with.!!