Saturday 25 November 2006



Another calico print in development that again features the Russian collage text house (children’s story). This time I have included an image of a small toddler who was found in a displaced persons camp. Hence the label around his neck. I wonder whatever happened to that child? I also printed out onto silk some skeleton images of babies that I found from a site to do with an ossuary in Palermo Italy. These were then stitched onto the calico. Then I did some watercolor washes on watercolor paper that I scanned in and layered onto this calico ground. I was working to the theme of refugee, which was for a print portfolio for PNP based in Australia. I did not opt for any of these works in the end deciding instead to go with a new work I made, which became part of the 'Traces on Wood' series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there
Its always good to have a response to posts and if you'd like to,
sign up to receive my bi monthly newsletter..................................
The link to it is on the horizontal navigation bar at the top of the blog.