Friday 17 April 2009

Todays been a funny day somehow.......

I just kept doing silly things once I got to the print workshop and really what I went there to do I could just as well have done here at home. But I thought it might be best to leave C. here to carry on with the work he has been doing on my print studio - which involves a lot of boshing and banging and sawing.
Whilst at the print studio I realized I had brought the wrong Lascaux bottle with me i.e., NOT the hard ground etch acrylic which I have realized recently makes an excellent quick drying varnish sealer for collagraph plates. I had taken some drawings quickly selected from my drawers and thought I would at least make a few small ones as I often think this, when I am 'building or developing prints i.e. a small figurative element, would go well there but none of those, which I currently have available, (already carved sealed etc etc) are suitable.

Then I realized I had forgotten my spectacles - which I need for reading and doing close up work!!! So I continued all the same and did very basic things - like transferring images from my drawings to the mount card using carbon paper, cutting them out and then sealing their reverses with PVA. One of the images was what I call 'Inside of Me" and another was from, what may become number one of a series called "The Envelope People".

This evening once I had eventually 'recovered' or was just sort of 'up to it', I did a tiny bit of work on my IWeb website. It's a start at least!!

Here's a link to it http://web.mac.com/ainescannellsart/iWeb/Site/Home.html

It's something I would really like to get done once and for all. So I thought I would share it - so that possibly people might keep saying "oh and how is THAT website of yours going - have you got it a bit further along the way??!!

1 comment:

  1. hi, ive been reading through your blogs, its been awhile since i have done so. i have a question, were do you find out about all of these exhibitions? youve mentioned many i was unaware of. thanks marilee

    ReplyDelete

Hi there
Its always good to have a response to posts and if you'd like to,
sign up to receive my bi monthly newsletter..................................
The link to it is on the horizontal navigation bar at the top of the blog.