Sunday, 27 December 2009

Making Miniprints 2

Following on from the earlier post re making miniprints. I had a small collagraph plate from ages ago that happened to fit(almost) the size of 10 x 10 cm so I 'trimmed it down and tried it out on the inkjet print out just to see how it would look. First I took a proof just to get an idea of how it looked.

Not that great, as far as I was concerned.  as the lines around the 'head' area were a bit of a mess.

So I added some carborundum to make the area darker and make the 'head area' more prominent.  I actually can not remember how I did this or what I used but it still did not look satisfactory - either on the proof on white paper or on the inkjet itself.

The original was made using PVA and plaster powder I seem to remember and the plate became ever so thick and clumpy.  I certainly wouldn't make it that way now but I think it was an early plate.

So that was that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there
Its always good to have a response to posts and if you'd like to,
sign up to receive my bi monthly newsletter..................................
The link to it is on the horizontal navigation bar at the top of the blog.