Sunday, 27 December 2009

Making Miniprints 4

Using the dog and figure images I then tried out a plate I had which had a layer of polyurethane on it by scribing into it and removing the dog image whilst leaving the figure as a line.  Gosh I was so frustrated by the size limitations and the dog kind of ended up almost looking like a frog !!

I tried one other where I just made a template with  the top part of a figure removed and then I painted tat area with acrylic etch ground.  Then I sprinkled on some fine carborundum.
When that area had dried I applied another layer of acrylic ground and then sprinkled on some more fine carborundum.  I was reasonably pleased with that proof but didn't take it any further.

1 comment:

  1. i really like your dog! i think these prints are beautiful.


Hi there
Its always good to have a response to posts and if you'd like to,
sign up to receive my bi monthly newsletter..................................
The link to it is on the horizontal navigation bar at the top of the blog.