Tuesday 16 April 2019

K is for Klimek Elizabeth

Isn't this delightful?

It's a constructed form made from a lithograph and silkscreened original print by  Elizabeth Klimek. (USA) Now that I think on it - this is probably my favourite artworks by Elizabeth.


Mind you this one is also very appealing mmmhhh
















I can not remember the exact time/date when I first came across Elizabeth Klimeks art BUT it may have been when the social network site on NING called INKTERACTION was alive and kicking, maybe was 2010 -12 ??   Unfortunately It didn't last that long BUT it was great being all connected as we were and the technical forum was absolutely excellent.

I have to admit that seeing another artist who liked to make 'constructions' from her prints made me feel as if I had found a 'sympathiser' of sorts.  Here was somebody who also like to 'play' at what was possible, with the printmaking genre that was outside of the frame.

Whereas my own printmaking practice is very much intaglio based Elizabeth uses lithography and silkscreen as her chosen techniques.  These were processes that I found too laborious not having the physical stamina to tackle these.

Just one more HOUSE form.  Check out Elizabeths website to see more of her work
There was talk of me and Elizabeth doing some kind of collaborative project when we used to communicate on INKTERACTION....but of course that was back then......I'd still like to do it though.

ENJOY

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there
Its always good to have a response to posts and if you'd like to,
sign up to receive my bi monthly newsletter..................................
The link to it is on the horizontal navigation bar at the top of the blog.