Friday 7 September 2007

In My Fathers Shoes


In My Fathers Shoes
Originally uploaded by ainesse.
This is the image that "queens some moving" posted in a blog in the past two days reminded me of. Its a print I made a while back. 5 was thinking about what it must mean to find oneself in the shoes of Elizabeth Windsor. Obviously born into a royal family and raised accordingly. I suppose there 'monarchs' could resign' from the royal family if they wanted and just say to the world I dont want to be part of all this.

However with all the hassles of being 'public property' in the newspapers and tv etc - I suppose they would have to give up an enormous amount of privilidges too. I'd hate to be in her shoes. I think that at the age she is now she ought ot be allowed to retire and just do her own thing. She always seems terribly duty bound though - thats the impression I get though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there
Its always good to have a response to posts and if you'd like to,
sign up to receive my bi monthly newsletter..................................
The link to it is on the horizontal navigation bar at the top of the blog.